This is a Pre-Course Online School exercise curriculum.
If you like, you can join this short online course prior to joining the Lab.
- SCHOOL NAME. There will be help during the course in picking a suitable name and/or you can review the lecture on school names in the online class. School Name Lecture
- SCHOOL BRAND IDENTITY: Again, this is optional but if you know you have to use certain colours and brand look-and-feel, please bring those colours and ideas with you. Brand Identity Lecture
- IMAGES Lastly - and again this is optional - you can bring a USB stick of images to use in your school, courses and lectures. Or place them in Dropbox, Google Drive or elsewhere and access them from the computer labs at the University of Sydney CCE.
I look forward to seeing you on Day 1!
Who Is This Online School Course For:
- You have signed up for the 3 Day How to Build an Online School with me at Univesrity of Sydney
- You have signed up for a similar course elsewhere.
- You are interested in building an online course/school and are looking for the first few steps (what to do before you start).
Join the 11,000 students that study with me online, the 10,000 social media professionals I have trained offline in the last decade and work on your social media and online community management skills!
Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 AdAge Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media.
Professionally, I have managed Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. and have consulted on private online communities for banks, not for profits & governments in SE Asia. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 11,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community).
I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
Getting Started with Your Own Online School and Online Courses
after you enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Contact Laurel?
You can email Laurel's PA (Fiona) on email@example.com. Mail goes to PO Box 32 Mount Victoria, NSW, 2786 Australia.
When does the course start and finish?
Most courses start now and never end! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
Others are Instructor Led and have a start and finished date. Check! The real life classroom usually start at 9:30am and finish at 5pm. Uni starts 9am.
How long do I have access to the course?
Most courses are lifetime access. Real life courses may have an online component - please check - that has lifetime access. Challenges may be for the life of the challenge - 30 days for example. Check!
What if I am unhappy with course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 7 days and talk to us about a full or partial refund.
This course is not open for enrollment.